Monday, April 25

Greenhouse is open


The greenhouse is now open.  Jennifer has partnered this year with a neighbor and friend of ours.  Sherry wanted to learn about the greenhouse and how to raise plants.  She's done a fine job and we've got over a dozen different varieties of heirloom tomato plants for sale along with some eggplant, artichoke, herbs, and even some ornamentals and flowers.

Unfortunately someone else liked our greenhouse sign at the end of the drive well enough that they just took it home...  So we'll have to get another one to put out by the highway.

6 comments:

Texan said...

Would love to see how you grow plants in a greenhouse! Some post on that would be wonderful! I grew over 100 tomato seedlings for my own garden this year. My peppers did not germinate well this year, except my Jalapeño they did very well.
I wish my seedlings looked more like the ones at the store. I don't know why theirs are thicker bodied?

Duane Keys said...

I'll definitely give a run down of the process. I think I have enough pictures from various stages in the process to give a decent account of it. Thanks for stopping by!

Teresa said...

I so agree with Texan! I'm hoping to have a greenhouse some time in the future, and I would love to see the process and learn all about it!

Ozarkhomesteader said...

How far are you from us? Seriously, I did not get my tomato plants started and still need some. Depending on your variety and numbers, it might actually be worth the trip-or at least a really good break!

Duane Keys said...

Ozarkhomesteader, we're just north of Walnut Grove, MO. We'd love to have you but it might be quite a drive from Arkansas (I think that's where you are, right)?

Nance said...

seriously? they stole your sign? that is about as low as you can get.