We just finished up ice storm preparation, hopefully it's for nothing:
- all water tanks are topped off
- extra bedding has been applied to all three goat barns
- all feeders are full of hay
- some slight rearranging of kid warmers and heat lamps is complete
- wood hauled in and fire going
Should we loose power I should be able pull the generator out of the garage (it was test started last weekend) up next to the well house and plug in the well and run a cord in to the house for the furnace blower, as well as plug in minimum necessary kid warmers in the barns.
I hope everyone fares well during mother nature's latest. How do you prepare?
Technorati tags: Geek Acres, farm, goats