Friday, August 24

12.64"


IMG_0611
Originally uploaded by duanekeys
This is what 12.64" inches of rain in just a few hours will do to a country driveway. Last weekend the town of Walnut Grove and our home experienced flash flood conditions. The fast moving water washed huge sections of our driveway away. Pictured here is a section close to the house, it was worse towards the road. The best way I can describe it is that it looked like an aerial view of the grand canyon. I added my keys for scale in the lower right hand corner of the picture here.

Thankfully, our neighbors took it upon themselves to dump some rock on our driveway that they had left-over from repairing their driveway and spread it out for us.

2 comments:

pablo said...

Yikes, that's worse than mine.

Chase Davis said...

Ya that looks bad, I have been out west where it is dry, they told me it had rained alot back home.