Tuesday, February 27

Bonita


Bonita
Originally uploaded by duanekeys.
I've been working on a website for a local horse farm. I'm not quite ready to show the results. One of the more challenging aspects of this website is gathering useable pictures. I like this photo and the owner's liked the position of the horse. It shows off her "suspension" I was told. I wasn't happy with the background as the grass is still brown and there is a car by her head. Taking photos of horses is a pretty challenging thing. Beyond the normal mechanics of shutter speed, aperature, and composition you have to include the crap shoot of the horse's position.

6 comments:

pablo said...

A horse is a beautiful photo subject I've generally found.

Been to Kansas City lately?

Pablo
www.roundrockjournal.com

Duane Keys said...

I rarely make it up to Kansas City. I know there's some great photo opportunities up there, though!

pablo said...

Well, I thought I saw you in the Apple Store there the other weekend. At least, it was a guy who had your eyes.

Duane Keys said...

I haven't loaned them out recently... :)

Granny Geek said...

Very nice photo. Shouldn't be too difficult to Photoshop the backgound...

John Stone said...

Animals are worse than coeds as models ... they just don't listen to instructions ... eventually one resorts to "model abuse" to get the shot.