Our fowl are growing in numbers and size. Jennifer has now acquired some chickens in addition to the guineas so the building formerly known as the guinea house is now the hen house. I took this picture while the guineas were in the temporary hutch outside the hen house. I have completed varmit-proofing (to the best of my abilty) the hen house. But since we acquired chickens I'll be building a yard for the yard birds around the hen house. I resisted having chickens but the crow of our neighbor's rooster Rojo was too much to resist for my loving wife. She bought the chickens and brought them home while I'm at work. We decided to free range the guineas but not the chickens. I've learned the chickens can be much more destructive on Jennifer's flowers and landscaping.
Below is a pic of the hen house. I've still yet to cut out the windows, screen in the windows (with hardware cloth), build nesting boxes, or places to roost in the hen house, but I'm getting closer. More pictures will follow as I complete the project.